A Sweet Event

Annual Trunk or Treat provides an early Halloween for students

Decorated vehicles like this one from last year will be on display during the Odyssey PTO’s annual Trunk or Treat event, to be held October 29 in the intermediate school parking lot.

Abigail Eckrich, Staff Writer

Fall season came fast, and Halloween is right around the corner. For some, trick-or-treating will be here even sooner.

Trunk or Treat is an annual Halloween event that will be held at Odyssey Charter School on Saturday, October 29. Organized by the school’s PTO, the event will take place in the intermediate school (building 22) parking lot from 6-8 p.m.

At Trunk or Treat, people can decorate their cars and distribute candy to Odyssey students from grades K-12. Those not decorating their cars can still give out candy to the trick-or-treaters walking car to car.

All Odyssey students are welcome to come in costume to trick-or-treat with friends.

In addition to the Halloween candy, there will be other food available. Pizza, chips, and drinks will be for sale. In previous years there have been DJs, and there will be a DJ returning this year to play music during trick-or-treating.

According to Jessica Foraker of the Odyssey PTO, there were approximately 70 cars at last years Trunk or Treat event, with almost 2,000 kids trick-or-treating.

Those wishing to distribute candy from their cars must fill out a form that students received from their homeroom teachers. They can begin arriving at 5 p.m. and must be parked and have their vehicles decorated by 5:45 p.m. They also must remain parked until the event ends at 8 p.m.

While those giving out treats from their cars should bring their own candy to distribute, the PTO will have an extra supply of candy for those who run out.