Owl Feed

Student News Site of Odyssey Charter Middle School

Owl Feed

Owl Feed

Damian Lillard, Brook Lopez, and Giannis Antetokounmpo are top players for the Milwaukee Bucks.
Team to Beat
April 25, 2024
Never Too Soon
April 7, 2024
Members of Odyssey Charter Middle Schools 2023-2024 student council: (back row, left to right) Lucas Pietlock, Liana Kuria, Aariya Ghosh, (front row, left to right) Aaron Luu, Abbie Walden, Sahasra Vennamaneni. Not pictured: Josie Baird, Pranettha Boopathi.
Leading the Way Again
January 8, 2024
Whiz Kids
Whiz Kids
November 16, 2023
Members of Odyssey Charter Schools first field hockey team (back row, left to right): Agana Davis, Payton McLaughlin, Kaylee Lagarelli, Dominique Frederique, Jocelyn Yost, Ella Smith, Chloe Barone; (front row, left to right): Marianna Gatta, Sofia Cano.
First in Their Field
October 30, 2023

Team to Beat

If healthy, Milwaukee Bucks will claim 2023-24 NBA title
Damian+Lillard%2C+Brook+Lopez%2C+and+Giannis+Antetokounmpo+are+top+players+for+the+Milwaukee+Bucks.+

The Milwaukee Bucks will win the 2023-24 NBA championship. They have all the pieces to do it.

The Bucks are now locked in an opening-series battle with the Indiana Pacers, and the series is tied 1-1. Giannis Antetokounmpo, who suffered a calf injury late in the regular season, should be returning soon.

As long as Antetokounmpo comes back in time and is close to 100% healthy, the Bucks will be hoisting the Larry O’Brien Championship Trophy in June.

Let’s start with Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee’s best player, an incredible talent known for his versatility, athleticism, and ability to dominate on both ends of the floor. He’s got an amazing wingspan (7 feet, 3 inches) that helps him block shots and grab rebounds, plus his ball-handling skills are off the charts for someone his size.

If Antetokounmpo returns soon and is healthy, opposing teams will have trouble stopping the two-time MVP winner.

Another reason that the Bucks will win the NBA title this year is Damian Lillard, one of the NBA’s better players who has yet to win a championship. Lillard can shoot well from any range and find his way to the basket. He also can create opportunities for his teammates.

Lillard averaged less points this season than last, but that is because he is now playing on a good team with more balanced scoring. He exploded for 35 points in the first half of the Bucks’ playoff opener against the Pacers. He is hungry for a championship ring.

Khris Middleton is another key player for Milwaukee. He can easily get to his spot and hit the shot when called upon, and he consistently hits his fade-away midrange jumper. Middleton is also one of the most versatile passers in the game.

Brook Lopez is not like other centers in the league who stay in the paint and shoot from close range. No, that’s not what he does. He goes to the three-point line and often hits the shot to discourage his opponents. Most of the time, those opponents are sorry they left him open. Don’t forget that he is a center though, and he can rebound and get buckets inside.

These are the reasons why I think the Milwaukee Bucks will win the NBA championship. They have all the right people to get them there, including a two-time MVP winner who is the best in the game when healthy, and a veteran point guard who is hoping his 12th season ends with his first NBA title.

View Comments (1)
Donate to Owl Feed

Your donation will support the student journalists of Odyssey Charter School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.