Owl Feed

Student News Site of Odyssey Charter Middle School

Owl Feed

Owl Feed

Damian Lillard, Brook Lopez, and Giannis Antetokounmpo are top players for the Milwaukee Bucks.
Team to Beat
April 25, 2024
Never Too Soon
April 7, 2024
Members of Odyssey Charter Middle Schools 2023-2024 student council: (back row, left to right) Lucas Pietlock, Liana Kuria, Aariya Ghosh, (front row, left to right) Aaron Luu, Abbie Walden, Sahasra Vennamaneni. Not pictured: Josie Baird, Pranettha Boopathi.
Leading the Way Again
January 8, 2024
Whiz Kids
Whiz Kids
November 16, 2023
Members of Odyssey Charter Schools first field hockey team (back row, left to right): Agana Davis, Payton McLaughlin, Kaylee Lagarelli, Dominique Frederique, Jocelyn Yost, Ella Smith, Chloe Barone; (front row, left to right): Marianna Gatta, Sofia Cano.
First in Their Field
October 30, 2023

On Top of Their Game

Behind powerful offense, Braves will win second World Series championship in three years
Ronald Acuna Jr. leads the Atlanta Braves as they seek a return to the top of the baseball world.

Once again, it is time for the Atlanta Braves to show that they are the best in Major League Baseball and that no one will be able to stop them. Just like in 2021, when they won the World Series, this is the Braves’ season.

The Braves have been on a roll throughout 2023, from Opening Day all the way to now, the MLB playoffs. They are currently facing the Philadelphia Phillies in the best-of-five National League Division Series. Last season, it was the Phillies who knocked off the Braves in this same series.

This year, the Braves will win the National League and then the World Series because they currently have the best power hitters in the league, and they have been hitting home runs to the moon. Their 307 homers tied the all-time record (with the 2019 Twins) for the most home runs hit by a team in one regular season.

The player who has been hitting the most home runs is Matt Olson, with 54 in the regular season, leading all of baseball. Ronald Acuna Jr., the Braves’s leadoff hitter, hit 41 home runs. Designated hitter Marcell Ozuna, who is not talked about as much, hit 40 home runs.

Atlanta has multiple MVP-caliber players who can easily lead them into becoming world champions. Acuna, the teams’ right fielder, seems to be the favorite for MVP in the National League. He led all of baseball with 73 stolen bases this season and became the first player in MLB history to hit 40 homers and swipe 70 bases in the same season. He has extraordinary speed, which allows him to cause problems for his opponents and advance around the bases.

Olson, the Braves first baseman, tormented opposing pitchers all season by driving in 134 runs, leading all of baseball. If not for Acuna, Olson might be the favorite to win National League MVP this year.

The Braves have shown everyone that they are top-tier World Series favorites because of how they’ve been playing throughout the entire season, compiling the best record at 104-58 and earning the home-field advantage that comes with it.

Atlanta had the highest overall team batting average this year at .276. The Texas Rangers were second, but not really close, at .263. Acuna led the way for the Braves, batting .337, the second best average in all of baseball.

On the defensive side of the game, Atlanta’s team earned run average was in the middle of the pack at 4.14, but they have two dominant pitchers at the top of their rotation. Spencer Strider went 20-5 with a 3.86 ERA, topping the MLB leader board in wins. Max Fried lost time to injury and went 8-1 with a 2.55 ERA.

October is the month for the Braves to show the world how they have been playing all year. It is time for them to return to the World Series and take the title again.

The Phillies will be the biggest challenge for the Braves throughout the entire playoffs, but Braves Country will be victorious throughout this playoff season, and more seasons to come.

This is the Atlanta Braves’ time to shine and become World Series champions. Once again.

View Comments (1)
Donate to Owl Feed

Your donation will support the student journalists of Odyssey Charter School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.